Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show blank when nothing is selected in the slicer

Hello,

Capture.PNG

From the picture above, you can see that I have used 4 slicers to calculate different things i.e.e hours, billing amount and total amount.

If I do not select anything, it shows this value (refer to the picture above). These values are accumulated and mean absolutely nothing, they only mislead the user. Please if someone can tell me what to do? Is there any way/option I can use where my table shows blank or nothing if nothing is selected from the slicer? Thanks.

P.S New to Power BI, not that good with DAX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous ,

You can remove second condition to let it check the filter status of source tables and return tag:

Calendar Filtered = 
IF (
    COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED ( 'CALENDAR' )) <> COUNTROWS(ALL ( 'CALENDAR' ))
    "Y",
    "N"
)

If you want check multiple tables at same time, you can append the condition formula with 'and' logic.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can add measures with if statement to check current row contents of filter and return tag, then drag these measures to visual level filter to filter unmatched records.

Visualisations blank until something (multiple values) selected in a slicer

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This works but it is not what I am looking for. I just want my table to be blank when nothing is selected, that is all. The link you pasted was dependant on making multiple selections, something I am not looking to do here. Each selection in my slicer is unique and imperative so yeah. I need to make it blank when no value is selected in all 4 slicers (When the program is started, when I clear all selections)

HI @Anonymous ,

You can remove second condition to let it check the filter status of source tables and return tag:

Calendar Filtered = 
IF (
    COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED ( 'CALENDAR' )) <> COUNTROWS(ALL ( 'CALENDAR' ))
    "Y",
    "N"
)

If you want check multiple tables at same time, you can append the condition formula with 'and' logic.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors