Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilma
Frequent Visitor

Show all permissions to Workspaces, Reports and Apps for one singular user

Hi Community members,

Is there anyone who knows how to show all permissions for a certain user?

I have a consultant who's contract has ended and I want to clean up all permissions he has in Power BI.

It would be nice to have an overview of all of his permissions, rather than having to check every workspace, dataset and app.

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @wilma 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?

If yes, you could accept the helpful answer as solution. You could also share your own solution here.
For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Good question, I am interested to know this as well. We don't check and clean up anything like this as any user who leaves the organization will be immediately deactivated on the AD and the credentials will be deleted in few days. Once the AD user is removed all their permissions should go away and also any licenses granted to that ID will be released. 

@deepu299  Thanks for your reply.

Sure, once the AD account is removed, the user will have no access. But I want a clean permission overview, mainly for Security Audit purposes. 

And since this was an external consultant, I had to check whether or not he was granted permission on his consultancy account.

Hi, @wilma 

As of now, PowerBI doesn‘t  support to extract  a singular user's permissions list from all Power BI workspace.

As a workaround,you can try to tract user  activities in PowerBI  by using the active log. (For example, the history of the user's assigned permissions).You can even use an administrative application based on the Power BI REST APIs to export activity events into a blob store or SQL database. 

Please refer to this documnet for more details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-auditing 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors