Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

testtest123

Show Power BI charts inside SharePoint modern page

I want to build 3 charts and show them inside my SharePoint online modern page, the charts are as follow:-

charts2types.png

1) First chart is to group the items from a single SharePoint list by Created date, and show the total number of items based on the day of the week (Mon till Sun).

2) Second chart is to show the total number of items from 4 different lists and show the percentage inside a pie chart

3) Third chart is to group the items from a single SharePoint list by Created date, and show the total number of items based on the month from the first month of the year till current month.

So can i build these charts using Power Bi and embed them inside SharePoint modern page?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
testtest123

@abpgupta  Thanks for the reply.. Yes i know that i can embed a PowerBI report inside SharePoint modern page, this is not my main question.. my main question is if i can achieve the above 3 reports inside PowerBI? i already provided full description and a screenshot of what we are planning to build, but we are not sure if we can achieve this inside PowerBi or not ?

If you are looking to have created and created by field in SharePoint List, I found below post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/create-date-of-item-in-sharepoint-list/td-p/72445...

This should make these fields available for PBI consumption.

@abpgupta  i think you are not getting my question,,,, i am asking if the reports i described in my question are achievable in PowerBI or not?

Yes these can be created in PBI using Sharepoint List as source. 

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Yes, Power BI reports can be embedded inside SharePoint. You need to use embed URL for report inside SharePoint Page. Please note that page size is only 4:3 or 16:9 size. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors