Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JOutlaw

Show Duration in report

I'm trying to get Power BI to accurately reflect back to me call durations for a support department.

Right now when I import the data, I have the type of data set properly to be duration, and then when it imports it, it changes it to a decimal number.

When I'm creating my charts and graphs though, how do I convert it so that it shows the duration? Currently all I can get it to reflect is the decimal number, which when presenting a report on average hold times, isn't very intuitive or easy to read.

6 REPLIES 6
healthEteam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same here - it works fine in the Query Editor itself.  When I close and apply, it is not the same display or format as it is in the query editor.  It converts to decimal. 

Is duration a format only available in Query Editor??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im at a loss of what benefit a feature is if it is only available in the Query Editor of PowerBi.

I used a calculation as a workaround to find my average minute durations in the visuals.

bkoo
Frequent Visitor

Hi JOutlaw,

Did you solve your problem about how you can show duration data type in a report? I am working in something similar and I would like to know how did it go to you.

Thanks.

Brian

i have same problem when i plot charts based on duration the graph is displayed in decimal number rather than duration

cdotzenrod
Advocate I
Advocate I

Did you try the "Whole Number" format option?  The visualizations I've published using that format work with the exception of the KPI visualization which will convert whole number measures to decimal when it shows thousands, millions, billions etc. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors