Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I break dataflows up into multiple premium workspaces?

We have about 40 dataflows that refresh daily.   Some from our ERP, some from Salesforce.  

I was thinking to create two workspaces (we have a P1 Capacity SKU), and delineate the dataflows between ERP and Salesforce. 

Right now they are all in one workspace and we keep having refresh issues, especially with our scheduled refreshes.  

Does separating them into different workspaces offer any benefits, performance or otherwise?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

No we have others with access that can take over the dataflow if needed.   But in any case, I've confirmed that report users do not need access to the dataflow workspace in order to see the reports (which are in a different workspace).  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Looks like you have bigger problems than dataflows. You being the single point of failure, for starters...

Anonymous
Not applicable

No we have others with access that can take over the dataflow if needed.   But in any case, I've confirmed that report users do not need access to the dataflow workspace in order to see the reports (which are in a different workspace).  

Unless you use direct query for dataflows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case the data flows are not used by anyone else.  The datasets are of course, and they have permissions set.   But even the datasets are not used by anyone else since I am the only author.   So do the permissions on the data flow workspaces really come into play?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There will be no performance imrovement - that would only happen if you distribute the refreshes across capacities, and only if those capacities have enough free renderers. 

From an organizational perspective it may make more sense but it comes with the additional baggage that you now have to maintain two (or more) sets of permissions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors