Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Sharing without Pro license

I agree with all of you and indeed; MSis not a charity 🙂

However; I am giving now access to viewers with full PRO access, that means all functions, but they don't use it.

I really would be OK with:

- Pro for developer (me) of a higer rate than 10,- p/m e.g. 50,- who is able to share for 100 users for free

- A very Light version for e.g. 2,- p/m even, however this should be veruy simple and not the complex premium approach.

The difference is too big and you know we're human, so resistance to change happens a lot 🙂

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I agree with you.  I definately think there needs to be a license level between Free and Pro.  Personally i'd change Pro to be "Writer" and have a viewer level called "Consumer"

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know if the E1 SKU for Premium will allow for reports to be embedded in SharePoint Online using the new modern page web part. This would be a cheaper option for those of use who don't/can't purchase Power BI Pro licenses for all users.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Would the E1 SKU for Premium be sufficient for users without a PowerBI Pro license to access report content through the SharePoint online modern page web part?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Guy in a Cube youtube channel over the weekend just did an Unplugged episode where they touched upon Premium.  They mentioned that if you have Premium, you have all of the functionality that comes with the Embedded license.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Premium still requires at least eur 4500,- per month.

For 100-200 users this still isn't interesting to purchase.

It'll be only interesting with 500 users, well that's already a big company in a lot of countries. 🙂

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same issue. But if you want to share with someone who is going to use it once or twice, there's a way to work around it. 

You can share with a different account (different domain) as regarding sharing externally. The user can view the dashboards and reports without a pro license as long as the user uses a different email address and register in Power BI server. However, the user can only access that dashboard or report from the email link you send through and it won't get updated unless you share a new link again. For more information, you can check this guy's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op_Q7YL8cd4 

Cheers

Myra

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

At this moment we are experiencing the same problem. We don't  seem to have the option to publisch the report to web althought the setting has been set live in the adminstrator mode.  Anyone any ideas how we should make use of this setting or is there another place where this option should be set live/be approved?

Thanks in advance for tips/advise.

Best Regads,

Bastiaan 

Highlighted

Although I'm looking for an option that will cut cost but I cannot blame Microsoft for being intuitve and providing a great service that's affordable. 

For all you that are complaining why MS is not providing free access or service, how would you react or feel if you owned MS.  Would you allow such a free service?  I think not!  If you can't afford 9.99 a month, look for other solutions like MS Tabular, Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting.  This is where your IT abilities should be thinking outside the box.  Not whinning!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors