Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cwstad
Frequent Visitor

Sharing reports

Hi all, a number of the IT team have power BI pro and publish to the cloud

However the remainder of the team have power BI free enabled within office 365 and E3 license.

Is it possile for those with pro to share their work with the other team online

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
WizardWalksBy
Frequent Visitor

I just got a note from PBI stating Dashboard Sharing goes away in the Free version in June. Need more detail-what's your interpretation...will "free" 0365 users still be able to see my Pro shared Dashboards?

@cwstad wrote:

Hi all, a number of the IT team have power BI pro and publish to the cloud

However the remainder of the team have power BI free enabled within office 365 and E3 license.

Is it possile for those with pro to share their work with the other team online

Thanks

essentially i'm looking to share the reports without adding users to a BI pro license

If the report contains pro content then any consumer of the content must also have a pro license. 

Hi what would be deemed as pro content.

All i am using is data from an excel spreadsheet, and publishing to office 365

I have the power BI pro licences

The Excel content wouldn't be considered Pro content but if you are scheduling the update of the Power BI service using a gateway then it's Pro content.  If all you're doing is manually publishing the content as needed then a Pro license wouldn't be required for the other users. 

That said, all this is about to change, Microsoft has made an announcement today about changes to the free version and I'm still trying to understand the exact impact.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-accelerates-modern-bi-adoption-with-power-bi-prem...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors