cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sharing reports architecture

We are planning to share some reports with other users that could be from other organization. Our plan is sharing the reports in a web application so we can manage who can access those reports (as we have Share Points but with more flexibility). At this point, we have some questions:

• ¿Do we have some Microsoft application from which we can create a repository of reports in which we can publish our reports with a view for the end-user to export that information?     

• If so, can we manage from that application what users or group of users can access to some specific reports?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Sharing reports architecture

So, you could use SQL Server to create a repository of Power BI reports. You could also use Power BI Embedded potentially. There is also a SharePoint Online web part for Power BI. Several options.

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sharing reports architecture

Hi @smoupre,

Do you mean we can use the "SQL Server Reporting Services" along with the "Reporting Services web portal"? That is not what we are looking for right now, since it needs Azure subscription.

The Power BI Embedded is an interesting option but we are trying to keep the scenario to Power BI Pro features, not Azure subscriptions. 

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors