Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perra52
Regular Visitor

Sharing reports ( Dynamics365/PBI)

Hi

I have problems to share a report in PowerBi. We are working with Dynamics365 and Power BI, I have a PRO license as well the team member I try to share the report with.

The report is built in BI Desktop and on my PowerBI menu the report is located in "My workspace" . I have shared(read and reshare) the report with my team mate and also the data set is shared, despite this my team mate just get "error message" when opening the report. Anyone out there, that has a clue what the problem could be? 

Thanks,

PH

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi there

They should save when you click on Update App.

I would not click on the back button but rather navigate back to the App Workspace and then click on Update App to make sure that the email addresses are there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

@GilbertQ , thanks for your answer, its really ridiculos, I press "Update app" as I have done with other reports a number of times but the names are not saved. Thanks for your effeorts to help me but I guess this will remain to be open:-( 

Have a great day,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
perra52
Regular Visitor

@v-xicai @GilbertQ 

Just a quick question if you have seen this before. When I press Update apps in top right corner, i acan then pick "permissions" and "access" and pick email addresses belog to my organization. The problem is that the addresses will not be saved in the saving procedure. I have done this  a number of times before with our official reports but I accidently found the addresses are not saved when I try to save them for this report I intend to publish myself. Any ideas if this could be one of the problems and is there a solution? thanks

Hi there

They should save when you click on Update App.

I would not click on the back button but rather navigate back to the App Workspace and then click on Update App to make sure that the email addresses are there.

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ , thanks for your answer, its really ridiculos, I press "Update app" as I have done with other reports a number of times but the names are not saved. Thanks for your effeorts to help me but I guess this will remain to be open:-( 

Have a great day,

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @perra52 ,

Your recipients also need Power BI Pro licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.

If the dashboard recipients see a lock icon in a tile or a "Permission required" message, you may need to add user in Manage permissions page.

For reference:

Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy, Thanks for your suggestion for a solution. Unfortunately it didn´t work. Yes, we do both have Pro licenses and I have tried the steps yu suggested and also in fact tried them before I entered the question into the forum. Thanks any way!

I do think its the Dynamics 365 that is the problem as I tried to share a report with another dataset and that was no problem!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you try and put the report into an App Workspace and then share it from the App Workspace either via Sharing or via an App?

Power BI Blog

Hi,

yes, I tried to put the report in app workspace as well as creating an app and gave permissions both for the dataset and the app to my stakeholders but its the same problem:-(

As I wrote to Amy in the reply above I am more and more convinced that Dynamics 365 is the problem as I managed to share report with other datasets than Dynamics365. However, ahuge thank you for your suggestion for a solution, really appreciate that!

BR

P

@GilbertQ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors