Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing report without admin rights

Hi, 

I am using power bi for my personal use with my university email address. 

Now, I would like to share some of the reports I did on my own data, but it seems like there is no way for more, because I do not have admin rights and there is nobody at my university who can help me get admin rights, according to them. 

Is there anyway to share reports publicly without admin rights?

I tried to register for a trial pro version, but then you need to be a power bi user as well to see the reports. 

If I can't share the reports there is basically no reason to use PBI for me. Unfortunalety, because I like it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The above solution of publishing to web is the option thats is used in cases like yours. However if that is disabled on your tenant then you may create your own tenant and then add as many users you like with access and upgrades to Power BI PPU/Pro trials and then share across all those users. You would be able to set up your tenant rights yourself and publish to web too.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/create-your-office-365-tenant

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The above solution of publishing to web is the option thats is used in cases like yours. However if that is disabled on your tenant then you may create your own tenant and then add as many users you like with access and upgrades to Power BI PPU/Pro trials and then share across all those users. You would be able to set up your tenant rights yourself and publish to web too.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/create-your-office-365-tenant

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you see the option ‘Publish to web’ when viewing report? If you publish to web for the report, you will get a link of the report. Any person in the Internet can view the report with this link.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1617084046380.png

v-cazheng-msft_1-1617084046382.png

For more details about Publish to web and How to find your Power BI administrator, you can refer Publish to web from Power BI.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, it is quite common to share reports without admin access.  You do not need to be an admin to share a report.  You do need to have a Pro license and the person that you share with has to have a Pro license (or you have Premium).   You also have to have permissions to share in that Workspace/Dashboard/Report.  And, the tenant has to have sharing turned on as well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors