Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing report on web

Hi,

I am a power BI pro user, and I have a report which i have to refresh daily to fetch new data. Currently I share it with my colleagues (via the "Publish to web " option where I get a new embed code and share it with them

However everytime I refresh the data set, the link I sent previously doest not contain the new data set.

My question is there is a possibility to get a static link where I dont have to share a new link each time i refresh my report, meaning the moment I update and publish the report , the previous link i sent to my colleagues should show the new refreshed data set

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the refresh of publish to web function could work normally on my side and based on my research, after the initial Publish to web action, subsequent updates to reports or visuals to which a Publish to web link points can take approximately one hour to be visible to your users.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web#updates-to-reports-and-data-refresh

And the web could not updata automatically, you need to inform your colleagues to refresh the web manually.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the refresh of publish to web function could work normally on my side and based on my research, after the initial Publish to web action, subsequent updates to reports or visuals to which a Publish to web link points can take approximately one hour to be visible to your users.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-web#updates-to-reports-and-data-refresh

And the web could not updata automatically, you need to inform your colleagues to refresh the web manually.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors