Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abhi_PBI
Frequent Visitor

Sharing report internally to the users who don't have pro license

I have PBI pro license. I've publishe a report and embedded in internal SharePoint site. But other SP site members are not able to view that SP page. They don't have Pro license. How do I share report securely to internal useres who don't have Pro license?

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Abhi_PBI ,

Please refer to this thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Sharing-with-users-who-don-t-have-Pro/m-p/167522 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

Non-Power BI Pro users will not be able to access the reports using the functionality you presented.

The only way to accomplish the sharing of reports to Free users would be the use of Apps with the Premium Power BI capacity.

You have the option of Publishing to Web but this is not secure, as anyone with access to the link can share it without restriction.

You can find more information here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-dashboards-reports

Hi @bfernandez

Could you please explain how "Apps with the Premium Power BI capacity" works?

Will it allow a pro license holder to publish report and free user to consume?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors