Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlimahS

Sharing report/dashboard

Hi All,

Is it possible to pin a widget (consequently report) shared from another user to my dashboard?

AND

Is it possible to extract a link from a report shared with me - input into my report allowing those who I share my dashboard with to access it?

Thanks,

Alimah

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Is it still not possible to pin a tile (for example a KPI) from another shared report to my dashboard ?

Do I still need to create a tile with a custom link to the report ?

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Still need a clear answer on this one, if possible of course.

Thank you.

@Anonymous  I assume by "My Dashboard" you mean you have created a dashboard and want to throw in tiles from a range of reports in other workspaces and create a single page that takes you everywhere. If that is the case, no, you can't do this by pinning visuals directly across workspaces. You would have to do the longer work-around described.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Seth_C_Bauer,

Thank you for your answer.

Does a report link change when you refresh data ?

@Anonymous No, the only time the report URL changes is when you physically delete the dataset/report from the service. Publishing and "replacing dataset" does not change the URL.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlimahS,

Is it possible to pin a widget (consequently report) shared from another user to my dashboard?

It it not able to pin a report or visual shared from others to your own dashboard. You could notice that the report edit button and pin to dashboard option are both greyed out. As Eno1978 suggested, to work around this requirement, you could add a custom link to an existing dashboard tile so that it can point to the shared report.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@AlimahS 

Yes. You can create a dashboard tile and in the properties set the custom link to the report URL of the report shared with you.

Is it possible to extract a link from a report shared with me - input into my report allowing those who I share my dashboard with to access it?

If you can access the report link because it is shared with you, then it will resolve when you click on the link. It does not mean, that it will automatically work for others. The same report needs to have been shared with them as well, otherwise it will throw an error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors