Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ben249
Helper I
Helper I

Sharing in Teams without making people sign up to Power BI

Is there a way to share/embed my reports in Teams without making people sign up? I've given the appropriate dashboard access, but the people with access are forced to sign up to Power BI when they go on the link which I'd like to avoid as it will stop people from viewing my reports.

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ben249 ,

About how to purchase ,refer(https://portal.azure.com/ 😞

-MXUG7-XNCmD0xHmFxDtmdHyYxqzEeNyVw

To learn more details ,refer:

https://support.shortpoint.com/support/solutions/articles/1000264504-creating-power-bi-embedded-capa... 

And to learn more details about Power BI embedded,refer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-faq 

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft , 

Thanks for your reply.

So it sounds like Embedded is not really suitable for my purposes. I'm the only person that needs a Premium license, but I'm looking for a way for other people in the business to be able to view my reports without needing a premium license. What would you suggest?

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @ben249 

You've got a couple of options.

One is to use "Publish to web" and publish your Report to web, then make the url available in Teams. This will make your Report available on app.powerbi.com without requiring any login (anonymous access). The problem is that anyone with the link can see the report, and the Report may turn up in public web searches, so anyone can see the data. Because of this, "Publish to web" is not reccommended for proprietory data, and the facility needs to be turned on by your local Power BI administrator.

see Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

The second option is to puchase a Power BI embedded licence and licence tokens. This enables you to embed your Report into a private web page so users don't need their own licence. Once this is done you can share the private url out to your Teams members.

see Power BI in Your Apps | Microsoft Power BI

Another alternative is to use a Premium Capacity licence and place your Report on a Premium Capacity workspace and share it out through Teams. But note here that the users still require a Licence, but this can be a Power BI Free licence.

In all other scenarios you'll need your users to have a Power BI licence, either Pro or Premium Per User, in order to view your Report in Teams.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Hi @Burningsuit 
Thanks for your response - really helpful. Second option (embedded license) sounds most suitable. How do I go about purchasing? It's not obvious from My Subscriptions page in my account

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors