Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marcodea
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing dashborad with PRO functionalities to new user

Hello, we've created some doshaboard using PRO functionalitis (gateway and scheduled update) and insert them into a Work Area.

After that we've shared the dashboard to some user in our organization (same domani) without sending email to them.

When users connect to Power BI, logon to the system and activate the PRO evaluation license, if they try to acceess the dashboard (using the link in Notification Center) tey always get an error:

Dashboard Not Found

To solve the issue we've to share again the dashboard with user after they have logged once.

Is there any workaround?

Cattura.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@marcodea Understood. My experiance in deployments are all Pro license related, so if there was a working process with free I wasn't aware.

And yes, since Power BI works directly off Azure AD the user is known, my comment was related to how there seems to be a missed access token or hang up if the user hasn't accessed Power BI with Pro content being shared with them.

In either case, it has always worked if I ensured that all the end users have logged in at least 1x prior to sharing any content. That's all my post was trying to convey.

Regards

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@marcodea 

This behaviour has been present from day one, so I don't know if it's expected, or a bug in the process, but it makes sense that it would occur because the user being shared with has never logged in before, so Power BI has no idea who to grant permissions to.

Have users create accounts first, then share.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer@

In the past, I shared some dasborad without PRO functionalitis, before the users registration.

The first access, after the registration process, they had an error, but without do nothing, the successive access it works.

Furthermore, Power BI knows user (ie email address) before he logged the system.

regards

@marcodea Understood. My experiance in deployments are all Pro license related, so if there was a working process with free I wasn't aware.

And yes, since Power BI works directly off Azure AD the user is known, my comment was related to how there seems to be a missed access token or hang up if the user hasn't accessed Power BI with Pro content being shared with them.

In either case, it has always worked if I ensured that all the end users have logged in at least 1x prior to sharing any content. That's all my post was trying to convey.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors