Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jsmooth47
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sharing dashboards

Hi Community!

Currently i am the only one with Power BI but purchasing a Pro version for everyone isnt out of the question.  I've got some dashboards that I am looking to share with my organization.

My goal is to have Power BI pop up once a user has logged in.  Getting something to pop up isnt the difficult part, but having a dashboard appear without the user having to log in is what im trying to figure out. 

When "Bob" logs in everyday, I want Bobs dashboard to be there and him have to close it!

I've got my on-premise gateway setup so I think thats a step towards what we want.

Anyone got any advice on this?!?!?!? We currently email and print our metrics for each person so dashboarding will save us time and money.  There must be 100 ways to do this, im looking for the simplest and safest way.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use "File | Publish to Web" in Reports. You will get a link, you can set the link as Bob's home page.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Hi @jsmooth47,

>>Yes that is what i have in mind, im not sure if once the user logs off at the end of the day, will that user stay logged in for the next sign in. I dont want them to have to sign in every time.

For your requirement, you can save the sign in information to web credential, then you can skip the sign in steps until you remove this credential.

Capture5.PNG

For detailed information, you can refer to below article:

Manage passwords in Internet Explorer using Credential Manager

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use "File | Publish to Web" in Reports. You will get a link, you can set the link as Bob's home page.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes that is what i have in mind, but im not sure if once the user logs off at the end of the day, will that user stay logged in for the next sign in. I dont want them to have to sign in every time.

Hi @jsmooth47,

>>Yes that is what i have in mind, im not sure if once the user logs off at the end of the day, will that user stay logged in for the next sign in. I dont want them to have to sign in every time.

For your requirement, you can save the sign in information to web credential, then you can skip the sign in steps until you remove this credential.

Capture5.PNG

For detailed information, you can refer to below article:

Manage passwords in Internet Explorer using Credential Manager

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors