Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing dashboards

I have read all of the info on licensing and sharing - and I have come to the conclusion that I will need users to have pro licences to see the dashboards.  

Having come over from datastudio - I am having a hard time believeing that with 800 corporate users I am going to need to spend heavily just so they can "see" the output.  This seems like a ludicrous position to be in - even visio has a free "viewer".

I am missing something?  Is there a sensible way to cheaply see/share dashboards within an organisation?  If not what a complete waste of my time! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous With that many users I would recommend you look into the other license options. "Premium, P sku's" allow end users to view reports without their own Pro license. You could also look at embedded sku's if you wanted to host your reports on an application portal. Those would be "Azure A skus" that you would want to look into.

The "P" sku gives the ability for the users to consume within the Power BI Service for those users, the "A" sku would require an application.

In this scenario, only your report authors need Pro licenses, and all the viewers would be covered by the "add-on" license.

Rather than restrict access, the license model was shifted to allow any user to get the ability to use all of the tools capabilities for themselves for free. The licensing revolves around sharing content, so yes, every user needs a license or be covered by a license to view content.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Anonymous With that many users I would recommend you look into the other license options. "Premium, P sku's" allow end users to view reports without their own Pro license. You could also look at embedded sku's if you wanted to host your reports on an application portal. Those would be "Azure A skus" that you would want to look into.

The "P" sku gives the ability for the users to consume within the Power BI Service for those users, the "A" sku would require an application.

In this scenario, only your report authors need Pro licenses, and all the viewers would be covered by the "add-on" license.

Rather than restrict access, the license model was shifted to allow any user to get the ability to use all of the tools capabilities for themselves for free. The licensing revolves around sharing content, so yes, every user needs a license or be covered by a license to view content.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors