Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndreiaCardoso

Sharing dashboards

Hi,

Since 01/06, I'm having troubles with sharing my existing dashboards with other accounts that had access in the past and already upgraded their accounts to Pro Trial account.

I tried again to share the dashboard, accessing in my workspace and using the “share” option. I can confirm that they are in the list and they “can view” the dashboard.

However, when they click in the invitation and go to their account, in their “shared with me” area, the dashboard doesn’t appear.

Can you help?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndreiaCardoso,

From this document, users who decline the extended Power BI Pro trial offer or are ineligible for the offer will continue using the Free version of Power BI without the sharing and collaboration capabilities. So, please first make sure those pro trial account are activated, not expired.

Second, are those pro trial accounts outside your organization? Does this problem only occur to Pro trial accounts? If you are sharing dashboard with external clients, and they are not able to access the dashboard. It is a know issue has been reported internally. PG are continuing to develop a fix. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
juanjoseblancob
Frequent Visitor

Hi. This is happening to me as well.

Scenario:

1. From my Pro Trial account (active trial, still 59 days left), I share with a user outside my organization.

2. The external user, who also has a Pro Trial account (also active), gets the email and through the link can see the shared report

3. HOWEVER, if the external user directly accesses his account, he can´t see anything in the "Shared with me" section.

Is this still a known bug?

Thanks.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AndreiaCardoso,

From this document, users who decline the extended Power BI Pro trial offer or are ineligible for the offer will continue using the Free version of Power BI without the sharing and collaboration capabilities. So, please first make sure those pro trial account are activated, not expired.

Second, are those pro trial accounts outside your organization? Does this problem only occur to Pro trial accounts? If you are sharing dashboard with external clients, and they are not able to access the dashboard. It is a know issue has been reported internally. PG are continuing to develop a fix. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors