Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

samvdbt

Sharing dashboards without office 365

Hello,

I have an O365 account for my work address, and have created some dashboards from reports published to the web tool. I know how I should share these dashboards, but I can only seem to share them with other O365 users. When I share it with someone that is not O365, and they try to login to view the dashboard they get a message saying "sorry, we can't finish signing you up".

I would also like to share some dashboards with our clients, not just internally. How can I do this if not all of my clients are using O365?

Thanks!

Sam

9 REPLIES 9
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Is there any staffs check this issue, cause as my re-checking today, with external account abc@vn.mycomdomain.com, this account has been shared one dashboard before and was working. But now I share dashboard to this account, it's getting above error message. (This account has no o365 email or expired trial o365)
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samvdbt,

I can share the dashboard to other user which not has office 365 account.

Screenshots:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Perhaps you can ask for IT to check the power bi admin portal  settings and your permission if it has set to no allow to share the dashboard to outside users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

There is a wrong behavior in sharing dashboard, the shared user got sharing email and only access this sharing by click in hyperlink in email. And one more thing that the shared dashboard did not come to user's Dashboard area. Is there any infomration about this changes?

2017-01-03_10h04_23.png2017-01-03_10h04_42.png2017-01-03_10h05_17.png

@samvdbt: for workaround, please ask your users accessing by click hyperlink in notification email.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

As my checking yesterday for him, I could share but the shared user could not access and got error message above. Is there any changes with this feature? Cause I could use it for external email without o365 in April ( cause my company doesnt use o365)
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @samvdbt,

For sharing external, please ask your clients using business email to sign up Power BI, after that, you could share dashboard for them by manually type their email to sharing textbox. In case they still do not see your sharing dashboard, you could copy your sharing dashboard link and ask them click. They will be able to view dashboard.

Share dashboard link could be found in Access tab of sharing panel:

2016-12-29_16h53_57.png

Hello,

I know how to share a dashboard with people, I was just wondering about sharing with people that don't have Office 365. Clients have tried signing up with their business email, but if they don't use O365, then they still can't access as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi @samvdbt,

I know how to share a dashboard with people, I was just wondering about sharing with people that don't have Office 365. Clients have tried signing up with their business email, but if they don't use O365, then they still can't access as far as I can tell.

If your users can't access the shared dashboard, please let them sign out the current account and use the hyperlink to sign in and access the dashboard.

@tringuyenminh92

Yes, if you share the dashboard to external users, they can only use the hyperlink to access the dashboard. If you share to organization users, the dashboard will appeared in their workspace.

BTW, I test to share the dashboard to the external user which not have the o365 account, they can access the dashboard.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thanks for clarifying our concern, but i think this is new behavior of sharing, cause I have one shared dashboard from external user and it's showing in my dashboard area as the picture. Anyway, It's good to update this information from your side.

Oh @samvdbt, sorry for that, i just checked it with my colleauge account as external email and got same error:

2016-12-29_17h54_35.png

Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors