Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lionel84100

Sharing dashboards without having PowerBI pro or Preminum account

Hello, I am an intern and for my company I created three types of dashboards for three types of clients. The company wants to share them to the clients which are seperated in the three types of clients so they need one type of dashboard adapted with their data. Moreover the company uses AWS, to have data. I looking into the publish and sharing process and I saw that either the company pays the premium account of 5000$ to share these dashboards to the clients or each clients that want to see the dashboard has to pay the pro license 9$/a month.

These solution are quite expensive for the company. 
Is there another solution for free or not too expensive capable to share dashboards with clients with AWS ? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The sharing in the Service system is not free. Those two ways you are saying are the cheapest and the most expensive. There are intermediate licences too.

Usually the companies start paying for the minimun PRO accounts to try it. 10usd a month is a small number to try things. The clients should know that if they want PowerBi they need to pay for it. That way you can try one license and share with clients.

There is only one way to share with a free account, but it's not recommended for production environment or sensitive data because the solutions generates a Public link that can be used for anybody in the world with the link. The feature name is "Publish to Web".

I hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Lionel84100

Thank you for your answers, I read about a solution of using microsoft sharepoint to share these dashboards do you know about it ? 

Hi. It doesn't matter if you use a third party like sharepoint or even teams. It's still a microsoft login checking the licenses for Power Bi. It will be the same as using the Service Portal.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

And to make it worse, you would need a licence to access SharePoint as well.

The source of the data(AWS) does not matter in this case.

Unfortunately, there are no free solutions to sharing data while still keeping your data secure. You can look at using Power BI embedded, this is cheaper than Premium but still starts at around $700.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The sharing in the Service system is not free. Those two ways you are saying are the cheapest and the most expensive. There are intermediate licences too.

Usually the companies start paying for the minimun PRO accounts to try it. 10usd a month is a small number to try things. The clients should know that if they want PowerBi they need to pay for it. That way you can try one license and share with clients.

There is only one way to share with a free account, but it's not recommended for production environment or sensitive data because the solutions generates a Public link that can be used for anybody in the world with the link. The feature name is "Publish to Web".

I hope this helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors