Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zilliox
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sharing dashboards external users

Hi,

I am looking to start my company and 1 of the service I want to provide is reporting & dashboards. I would like to provide this service with reports build with power BI.

how can I share those reports without my customers having power BI. 

I know it is possible with the premium licence, but this is way to expensive.

Does someone know if there are other possibilities, please?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zilliox ,

You mentioned that your users don't have Power BI, then I suggest you use Publish to web.

When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. It includes viewing detail-level data that your reports aggregate. Before publishing a report, make sure it's okay for you to share the data and visualizations publicly. Don't publish confidential or proprietary information. If in doubt, check your organization's policies before publishing.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

Thank you for your respond. But this is not what I am looking for.
My goal is to create dashboards for different customer and to publish them with an authentification via my web page. The data need to be secure and only reachable by the user I am authorising.
I can't believe Microsoft have not thought about this.
I want to provide this service to customers in the small medium market.
In fact I would need the premium licence, because there you can publish report to end user without them having a licence. But the cost of the premium is way to expensive for a start up and small companies.
Unless you have the same licence at a resonable price

thanks

Hi @Zilliox ,

Sorry, for now, you must purchase a license of Power BI premium to accomplish what you want.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Zilliox,

There are several options:

• Publish to Web, which is free, but could have serious security issues with your data
  • Share a dashboard or report outside your organization, this requires either a Pro license on the receiving end, or Premium Capacity on your end
  • Power BI EmbeddedPower BI Embedded allows application developers to embed stunning, fully interactive reports and dashboards into apps without the time and expense of having to build your own controls from the ground-up.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Which embedded application do you recommend?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors