Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tracydew

Sharing dashboard with Power BI Pro Trial user outside organization

I have shared a dashboard with a user outside our organization. She currently has a Pro Trial liscense with 47 days remaining. However, she cannot see any of the dashboards I have shared with her, and since she does not have a Pro account, cannot submit a support ticket. 

This is what she shared with me:

I definitely have a Power BI Pro trial account, and am still well within my trial period. But when I click on the link provided, it takes me to a screen indicating I need to "upgrade" to Power BI Pro. Conversely, when I navigate to my Power BI Pro screen and select "Shared with me" from the left menu, it indicates no content has been shared with me. Now, I can't get past the "upgrade" screen. Argh!

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
benmc
Regular Visitor

Hi Tracy - I have experienced the exact same thing

Also to the point where if I select an App link shared to me, the service will ask for me upgrade, if I elect to upgrade, I can have the same PowerBI account with different days remaining on my trial depending on which 'part' of the PowerBI service I am accessing.

I don't understand the 'sharing' experience to external users.

My expectation is that they would see the App available to them when they login to the service.

But instead it seems they receive a link to a 'view' of the App but with no way to navigate into the PowerBI service proper.

Sorry, I don't have a solution but I'm still testing and if I find one I will post back

thanks, Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors