Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ofeklevy
Frequent Visitor

Sharing a report, and allowing recipient to download table data

One of the employees in my company needs a report on the second Tuesday of every month.

For him to practically use the report, he must have the option to download the data into csv.

The report will only contain a single table of up to a 1000 rows (though the dataset is much larger).

What's the best way to achieve this:

I've learned I can purchase pro accounts for both of us, share that report with him, and have him access the report whenever he needs.

But will he be able to download the table into a csv?

Is there another method to achieve this?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ofeklevy

Another method that you can use is that the user who you have shared the dashboard and underlying report with can also use the Analyze in Excel option. 

You can download it from here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-dashboard-publisher/

This then installs as an Add-In Excel, and then your user can connect directly with the dataset and use it with Pivot Tables and all that he will need to do is to refresh the data to get the updated data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ofeklevy,

When the end user get shared dashboard, he can also export data from visuals to .CSV or Excel.

In addition, end user can use Analyze in Excel suggested by @GilbertQ. See: Analyze in Excel.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ofeklevy,

When the end user get shared dashboard, he can also export data from visuals to .CSV or Excel.

In addition, end user can use Analyze in Excel suggested by @GilbertQ. See: Analyze in Excel.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ofeklevy

Another method that you can use is that the user who you have shared the dashboard and underlying report with can also use the Analyze in Excel option. 

You can download it from here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-dashboard-publisher/

This then installs as an Add-In Excel, and then your user can connect directly with the dataset and use it with Pivot Tables and all that he will need to do is to refresh the data to get the updated data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors