Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing a model with someone outside my organization

Good afternoon.

I have the Pro Power BI license (my organization has it) and note that I cannot share a report located in my personal "work area" to anyone outside my organization.

Theoretically, following the following manual could be done, even if there is a warning that the person is outside the organization:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards
I have tried it in several different ways (as it appears in the web link), and as soon as I write an email address referring to outside my organization, appears the notification of it, but at the same time disables the "share" or "add" button, because as I commented I have tried in two different ways.

I have not tried the third way, which would be to publish on the web and facilitate the link, since once the link was sent and opened by the user outside the organization, I needed permissions which as I commented I can not be assigned in any of the two ways described above.

How can I give permission to this person outside the organization? Or in its defect, how could I publish it in open as if of an account not Pro it was so that they could visualize it?

Thank you very much.
Yours sincerely,
Jon.

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you got a red forbidden warning after you enter the email address?

11.PNG

Could you please check that if the share with external user option is disabled in Admin Portal?

10.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning.

Yes, I receive the warning after entering the email.

On the other hand, when I enter the option "Admin Portal" does not appear any option as shown in the image below.

Admin_Portal 

Thank you very much,
Jon.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late reply, The full admin portal is accessible to all users who are Global Admins in Office 365 or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role. If you cannot share any content with someone outside your organization, we think may be administrator had turn off the "share contents with external users " feature in Admin Portal.

If this feature is enable for you, you can try to Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B based on this document.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.
I'll try it.
Greetings,
Delete.

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors