Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Sharing a dashboard shows all other reports to ther user

I have a question: I want to share a specific dashboard with a user. But just this dashboard. But when I share it and the user clicks on it, he can see all other reports of the dataset. 

What have I to do to restrict the user to just this dashboard or just to a specific report

Accepted Solutions
Super User

Re: Sharing a dashboard shows all other reports to ther user

@MbProg The end user will see all the reports attached to the tiles in a specific dashboard.

If you want a different dashboard for that user/set of users, you would need to create a new one in which you could edit the tiles of the reports you don't want him to see, to re-direct to either the main dashboard URL, or to the report he should have access to.

You can re-direct a tile to any location by clicking on the elipses "..." and "Tile Details" and setting a custom URL as the re-direct location, rather than the default location.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Sharing a dashboard shows all other reports to ther user

@MbProg The end user will see all the reports attached to the tiles in a specific dashboard.

If you want a different dashboard for that user/set of users, you would need to create a new one in which you could edit the tiles of the reports you don't want him to see, to re-direct to either the main dashboard URL, or to the report he should have access to.

You can re-direct a tile to any location by clicking on the elipses "..." and "Tile Details" and setting a custom URL as the re-direct location, rather than the default location.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG MSBIWI