Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kostask
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a copy of a report in another workspace

Hello guys !

I copied a report from one workspace to another, in PBI Service in order to give access to other users, which should not see the content of the first workspace ( and also i made changes to the report at the second workspace).

As i see, i have to give to the users access to the first workspace where there is the dataset of the reports.

I do something the wrong way?

Is there another way?

Thanx

Kostas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kostask,

for this to work, I think you need to give the users (or the group of users) of the copied report, Build permissions to the original dataset. So access to the workspace is not necessary, but to the dataset is.

You can give these permissions on the settings of the dataset (in the original workspace).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kostask,

for this to work, I think you need to give the users (or the group of users) of the copied report, Build permissions to the original dataset. So access to the workspace is not necessary, but to the dataset is.

You can give these permissions on the settings of the dataset (in the original workspace).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors