Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kieran
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharing a Power BI Solution with a Different Organisation

Hi,
I have a customer using a Power BI service who has partner organisation also using a Power BI service. My customer wants to share PBIX files with partners whilst continuing the manage security.

What is the best approach to take?

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kieran,

If you mean the customer share .pbix files with his/her partners in the same organization and let the partners can also edit report content, then I think create a Power BI group, publish .pbix files to that group and grant Edit permission for those group members should be better. For more information, see: Create a group to collaborate in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-qiuyu-MSFT,
I confirm that I mean how do I "share a Power BI Solution with a Different Organisation" as the title of my question states. Please confirm ...
a) Wheather or not this this possible.
b) What are the method for achieving this?

c) Does one of these methods include a multi tenant or tenant partner option? Where one one organisation can share access to a particular tenant with another external organisation?

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

Hi @Kieran,

Sorry for the late response.

These are available ways to share reports/ dashboard currently in Power BI: How should I collaborate on & share dashboards and reports?. To share reports with users outside of the organization, possible way can be share a dashboard, save as PDF, share .pbix file. The latter two methods doesn't have tenant limitation, but regarding share a dashboard with users out side of organization, see: When you share your dashboard with people outside your organization.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors