Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing a Dashboard with out sharing the data source

I am trying to share a dashboard that has a live connection to a Data Mart.  I do not want to give access to the Data Mart to everyone who needs to see the data, and I would like to control user access through securities profiles in Power BI.  Is there a way to share the dashboards with my credentials (so no one can access the DataMart behind it) and then use thier credentials to determine what they see in the dashboard?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Based on your question you are connecting to an SSAS Model, which would need to resolve the access through to a Windows domain, unless you are connecting through to Azure Analysis Services?

The only thing I could think of is that you first have to identify who the incoming user is, once that is done, you might have to translate this to another user (And this user would need to existing on your domain where the SSAS Instance is)

It might be possible, but in the way you are describing I am not sure that it is possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors