Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Usage metric reports with the end users

Hello Everyone,
Hope this message finds you well. I am trying to share the "usage metrics report" of a specific report generated by pbi with the end users by pinning it as a live page to a new dashboard and publishing it to the app. But pbi doesnt let us view the usage report on the app. Any ideas as to how I could share this usage report live with the members of the workspace (not pro users)? looking forward to hearing from you. 
Best,
Akash.  

8 REPLIES 8
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

is that a v1 or v2 workspace?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey @lbendlin ,
Thanks for your quick reply. its a V1 workspace (organizational). 

Then you're out of luck.  Sharing from v1 workspaces requires the sharee to have a Pro license.  Upgrade to v2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @lbendlin ,
I can upgrade it to V2. Does the V2 have this feature? how would I go about it? Thanks:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin oh i'm sorry I meant once I've upgraded to V2 how to I go about sharing the usage metrics report with end users? Will it let the endusers view the usage metrics report in the app?

Only one way to find out 🙂

Worst case you can make a copy of the usage report in the workspace (with the option to extend its coverage to other reports in the same workspace)  and then share that through the app.

Worst worst case you can give these people viewer access to the v2 workspace. (bad, really bad!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

gotcha. Thank you:) I'll try it out and keep you posted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors