Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EVITTI

Sharing Report on Web - Admin Portal

Hi team

I am trying to share a report to the web publicly and to do that I need to access the admin portal. 

When I click on admin portal I have limited options, including one suggesting to upgrade to premium. 

Could you please confirm whether sharing reports to the web is not a feature available under the free pro account? If it is, could this mean that I am not the administrator?

Thank you for your help! 

Emilie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EVITTI

The Power BI admin portal has settings that control who can publish to the web. Work with your organization's Power BI administrator to change the Publish to web tenant settings in the admin portal.

For smaller organizations or individuals who signed up for Power BI, you may not have a Power BI administrator yet. Follow our process for tenant admin takeover. Once you have a Power BI administrator, they can enable creating embed codes for you.

Established organizations usually already have a Power BI administrator. People in any of the following roles can act as a Power BI administrator:

• Global administrators
  • Users with the Power BI service admin role in Azure Active Directory

You need to find one of these people in your organization and ask them to update the Publish to web tenant settings in the admin portal.

Premium capacity is not a must for the feature to  publish to web.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#limitations

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EVITTI

The Power BI admin portal has settings that control who can publish to the web. Work with your organization's Power BI administrator to change the Publish to web tenant settings in the admin portal.

For smaller organizations or individuals who signed up for Power BI, you may not have a Power BI administrator yet. Follow our process for tenant admin takeover. Once you have a Power BI administrator, they can enable creating embed codes for you.

Established organizations usually already have a Power BI administrator. People in any of the following roles can act as a Power BI administrator:

• Global administrators
  • Users with the Power BI service admin role in Azure Active Directory

You need to find one of these people in your organization and ask them to update the Publish to web tenant settings in the admin portal.

Premium capacity is not a must for the feature to  publish to web.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#limitations

Best Regards,
Kelly

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi EVITTI,

Actually a free user can't really do things like embed or share.  A free user is limited to "My Workspace" and data can't be shared or viewed by others.  Once you have a PRO license, if the admin turns on embedding and provides the embed code then you can share publicly.  You don't have to have Premium to embed onto the web.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors