Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Report Externally using AAD

Hi everyone

I am having issues with sharing a report to external users. Just to give you a bit of background, we are an asset management company who build reports to share with our clients. We provide the licences for these external clients.

This process has worked for us before with other clients,. however we can;t fully remember every step we went through to get it to work.

For the current client, we have added the user as a guest user through azure active directory, then assigned them a licence. I have then shared the report with them but when the client clicks the link, they are getting the below error:

PowerBI.png

I tested this with a fresh email, where I created a brand new email address, got added as a guest user through Azure Active Directory and assigned a licence. Then I shared the report with this new email address and was able to access this report through my emails without any difficulty. 

I just can't understand the error, if someone has an idea, it would really help us out.

Thanks a lot

Victoria

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Does Azure AD has federated in your organization? You may refer to this similar case: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d9c92fea-a554-4c7a-91af-30016aa35111/invitation-redemption-failed-aadb2b0001-we-canot-create-a-selfservice-azure-ad-account-for?forum=WindowsAzureAD

About Troubleshooting in Azure AD, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/troubleshoot

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes as far as  I know it is federated.

However it works with other clients, so we have built 2 separate reports, and shared one with 5 individuals which works perfectly. Now we have created another report and have tried to share it with 2 other individuals, who are from a separate company and have a different domain and it doesn't work for them.

Thanks

Victoria

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors