Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Budfudder
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sharing Outside Our Tenant

I have a Dashboard that I shared with some users outside our tenant, inviting them and providing them the URL to access it. That was great - they were able to access it, export data, and so forth. That was about a month ago.

Now, all of a sudden, they cannot export data. The 'Export data' link in the menu for each visualization in the dashboard has disappeared. Is this intentional? Or have I somehow managed to do something to my dashboard?

If it's relevant, they have also had a lot of trouble accessing the dashboard at all (despite being able to just fine a month ago). They've had to request access several times - each time I delete the existing entry for them and give them access again in response to their request.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I still have got the option to export data.

I would suggest chatting to your Power BI Admin and having a look to see if they have disabled this setting?

I have not had any issues with sharing dashboards or reports. I do now prefer to share data via Apps, it is a better and more feature rich experience.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors