Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kthan129

Sharing Options/Restrictions

Hi!

We are wanting to find a way to share Reports, JUST Reports. We don't want to share created Dashboards; we want our users to pull what they'd like from the Reports we share and make their own Dashboards. Content Packs look like what we need, but everything I see recently says they are going away and to use Apps for sharing. Issue with this is we do not want to share the Datasets. Content Packs would allow us to restrict what we share; looks like Apps make you share it all (no options to pick what is included in the App, just everything in the Workspace)?? Doesn't make much sense to me, but I can't seem to find any info pointing me in a direction to share Reports only. Am I missing something? Any suggestions on how we might accomplish our goal or best practice?

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @kthan129

Currently the only way to share just a report, would be to create an App, and then set the default landing page to the report.

I have heard that potentially in the near future there will be changes made to the App Workspaces, in which you would be able to select what gets published to the App. As well as a lot of the current functionality that is in the Content Packs, made available in the App Workspaces. 

So for now I would start with the Apps, and then as the new features are made available you can then leverage them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors