Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Sharing Content to Diff Users

I have a workspace created and within that workspace, I wanted to include all reports coming from our team.  I've added majority of users as "viewer" in the access to the actual workspace.   Is there a way I can then limit users to only see reports that I have granted access to?  Essentially, I thought I can have everyone come to this shared workspace, but only see certain reports , not all...Is this possible ?  If not is there another solution - goal is for me and my coworkers to publish to 1 single workspace to house all reports so that If I'm out of office, someone can pick up and publish to the shared workspace...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently that is not possible.

All users who have roles in an App Workspace (in your example viewers) will be able to see all the reports.

The currently alternative is to create separate App workspaces and limit the access to the reports that way.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Currently, the Row-Level Security (RLS) restrict data access at the row level, and you can define filters within roles. While RLS is not supported to limit specified reports within an app workspace in Power BI currently .

Your demand is a good idea, and you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Currently, the Row-Level Security (RLS) restrict data access at the row level, and you can define filters within roles. While RLS is not supported to limit specified reports within an app workspace in Power BI currently .

Your demand is a good idea, and you can post your new idea in Idea Forum , add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently that is not possible.

All users who have roles in an App Workspace (in your example viewers) will be able to see all the reports.

The currently alternative is to create separate App workspaces and limit the access to the reports that way.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors