Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SusieBentley
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharing App with external user - has Premium but being asked to upgrade to Pro

I have created an App and wish to share with an external user. The external user has Premium Capacity across their tenant. I've added the external user's details to our Active Directory and successfully shared the App with them.

However, whenever I update the App and resend the link, they receive a pop up stating that they need to upgrade to Pro (which they can't get past).

"Upgrade to Power BI Pro

This content is only available to users with a Power BI Pro license..."

The user's organisation has Premium Capacity and the individual user has a Pro license... any ideas how to get past this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SusieBentley,

Could you please run Fiddler and repeat steps to reproduce the issue and send .saz file to me in private message?

Please download fiddler here: https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler and follow steps below:

1. Open fidder.
  2. Click Tools -> Options -> HTTPS.
  3. Select Capture “HTTPS CONNECTIONS” -> “Decrypt HTTPS traffice” -> “from add processes”.2.PNG
  4. Close all of the browsers and clear all sessions in fiddler by clicking Edit -> Remove -> All Sessions.
  5. Reproduce the whole process of the issue.
  6. Save the fidder trace by clicking File -> Save -> All Sessions.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks Jimmy, will do. I won’t be with the external user until next week so I’ll get on to it then...

Thanks!
Susie

Hi SusieBentley,

Could you please provide your fiddler trace for further test?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SusieBentley,

I have reproduced your issue on my side. And I have reported this issue to PG, will update here when I receive any result.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors