Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint excel to enterprise gateway data source

Dear All!

I have 3 excel files in Sharepoint, and I'd like to get these files into the enterprise gateway's data source, but I can't do this, cause I don't know which data source type and path to give in this case!

Please help me!
Thanks for your reply!

Máté Kiss

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

After research, if you get date->file-> Sharepoint Teamsites in Power BI service, you don't need a gateway. 

1.PNG

In your scenario, you get data in Power BI desktop, then publish it to service? For more details about getting data from excel stored in Sharepoint, please review the following articles.

Loading Excel Files from Sharepoint
Combining Excel Files hosted on a SharePoint folder with Power BI

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @v-huizhn-msft!

The truth is that, I have three excel files in Sharepoint, and two web source in Power BI Desktop. Than I published it to Power BI Service, and I connected it to an enterprise gateway. But it seems these sources don't like this connection, because it seems that the gateway is offline. But I checked it and it's working and online! So I don't know what's the problem and how to solve it!

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Máté Kiss

Hi @Anonymous,

Please restart your gateway and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors