Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidB023
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint data connect

Hi everybody !

I just need to connect my Excel table from a Sharepoint link written like that : http://sps/sites/AAA/ZZZ/EEE.aspx

It is present like this and my excel is just the file surrounded :

Sharepoint.PNG

When I enter my link (without .aspx), I have an error like this :

error.PNG

In fact, I try to enter a reduced link for example with the previous folder, and when I success to connect I see nothing... When I arrive on the a connected panel (Anonymous,Window..) nothing work.

I try Sharepoint file, Sharepoint list, Sharepoint list online but unsuccessful..

Does anybody can illuminate me on my problem please ?

Thanks

Best regards

DavidB023

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @DavidB023,

Do you want to connect the Sharepoint data fromPower Bi Service or Power BI Desktop?

If you want to connect from Power BI Service, you could connect the without typing the URl.

Unti33tled.png

If you want to connect from Power BI Desktop, you could have different ways.

Power BI: Two Way To Get Data From SharePoint List / Library

Please note that you should enter the root URL for SharePoint site.

Untitle11d.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous@v-piga-msft

Thanks for your answers, I work with Power BI Desktop.

So I try methods you said but I have a little problem. When I enter my url (so without subfolders), Power Bi Desktop launch it and I arrive on a dialog box but nothing appear.

Box.PNG

Sometimes, I arrived on that when I try other thing like Web source but my login doesn't work

accés.PNG

Concerning my URL, the sharepoint which I want is always in .aspx, could it be a problem or is it normal ?

Moreover, my Sharepoint source has several folders but I can't imagine that I can't load everything and load what I want.

Sorry but it's my first time with a Sharepoint so my first with Sharepoint and Power BI...

I don't really understant what Odata is but I'm sure I can load my Sharepoint without it.

Thanks

Best regards

DavidB023

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David, 

I guess you've find how to resolve this by now? I am encountering the same issue... Can you share how you were able to bypass those problems?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DavidB023, See if you can by using the Web data source type in the gateway connection to the SharePoint URL for the Excel file in the Power BI web service portal.

I have been able to have this setup working previously. Also, by looking at your URL you shouldn't be using the .aspx in your data query. The Gateway connection and the query should instead be referencing the file in the SharePoint library i.e. http://site/Library/file.xlsx

There might be another way to setup this connection, however, this was working for my environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors