Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint credential issue

Hello,

I have created desktop report with connection to sharepoint (SP lists). Sharepoint has restricted access so I used my corporate account. I am able to refresh this report on my computer. Later I uploaded this report into workspace to create sheduled refresh. It asked me there to edit credentials for dataset because current ones are invalid. I don't have any authentications methods other than Anonymous (screen below). My questions is - is there any way to turn on other authentication methods? So I can schedule refresh

sebx33_0-1625492260959.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Did you select  "Microsft Account"  for authentication on desktop?

Can you switch the authentications methods to OAuth2 on the service?

Please check if this document could help.

desktop-sharepoint-online-list 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, I selected "Microsoft account" on my desktop and I am able to connect and refresh list on my desktop. When I am publishing this file in "edit credentials" I don't have any authentiation option other than "Anonymous". Thank you for link, I used this one to trying again but same result.

Thank you

Hi, @Anonymous 

If you still have no idea about your problem .

It is recommended to open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors