Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tagoad
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint connection issues once published, but not locally

Our data model has a connection to a sharepoint workbook to allow our clients easy access to inputting manual data. Up until yesterday this was working fine, but now it says invalid credentials. This connection is anonymous and doesn't require a key or anything, and works just fine in the local environment still. This is the setup for the source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents(url), null, true). The url is actually the url that is used when you open the sharepoint file in app. Any advice on what might be going on is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply, I actually was able to fix it by using the Sharepoint integration instead. Im not sure why we weren't using that to begin with, but that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tagoad ,

I understand the error but where is the error occurring?  Is it in the Gateway?  Is it in the Service?  Is it in the Desktop file?  Is it in one or two or all three of those locations?  

As for the file and SharePoint - have new security items been placed on the folder where the file is located or is the file somehow "locked" by a user or password protected itself?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks for the reply, I actually was able to fix it by using the Sharepoint integration instead. Im not sure why we weren't using that to begin with, but that fixed the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors