Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LS-Maku
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Version History Scraping in Dataflow

Hello,

I'm in the middle of creating a dataflow that has a function that scrapes the sharepoint list of their version history but I am getting this prompt over and over per each item that I have in sharepoint list:

LSMaku_0-1675861063161.png

Is there a way to prevent this prompts from reoccuring?

I also used this function in desktop app but didn't get the same prompts as when I do it in Dataflow.

I'm invoking the function in this page for reference

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I would suggest modifying the code you have on that post. It looks like it's generating a different url for each item. You can try Web.Contents good practices in order to use one url as a source for all items. You might get to that if you add the following items as RelativePath parameter:

- VersionsRelevantSharePointListName => Your SharePoint List Name

- VersionsRelevantItemID => SharePoint list item ID

You can check how to modify power query code for web contents on the following posts:

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/630597294839955456/powerquery-buena-práctica-para-un-web-request

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/16/using-the-relativepath-and-query-options-with-web-contents-i...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors