cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_zzzz
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Scheduled refresh not enabling

Hi team, 

I am recently come across an issue with setting up the auto refresh for sharepoint file. 

I created my power bi report from desktop and the dataset was originaly on my local desktop. After I finished the report and published, I removed my data source to the sharepoint so other team members can have access to.  Hence I deleted my report from the power BI services as well. 

I was manage to change my datasource pointed to sharepoint folder from the power bi desktop, also renamed the pbix file to file2.pbix, after I re-piblish this file to pwoer bi service the Scheduled refresh still grayed out, also the Data source credential option as well. 

Rachel_zzzz_0-1621392447932.png

Is there anyway I can get this working? or Which steps I am  missing here? Appreciate for any suggestions! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rachel_zzzz
Frequent Visitor

I think I found the reason why its not working for my cases - I had another data source not coming from sharepoint but I didnt realise. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rachel_zzzz
Frequent Visitor

I think I found the reason why its not working for my cases - I had another data source not coming from sharepoint but I didnt realise. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.