Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CHENV
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Refresh Error

I'm having scheduled Refreshes of Sharepoint datasource fail intermittently.

The datasets are scheduled to refresh at 8am and don't fail every day.

Processing error:SharePoint: Request failed: https://xxxxxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxxxx/_api/contextinfo
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:e9affbac-7f6a-4f04-b863-fee4395ea7e8
Request ID:557f639d-2e31-44b9-9efa-475e56ce82f9
Time:2021-02-25 22:22:26Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

This could be so many things but it could be worth going into your data sources in Power Query Editor and checking the API version. Im sure its ok but I think it should be 14.

are there any other refreshes going on at the same time as 8 AM ? It would be worth making a note of every time it fails and then see if there are other refreshes going on at that time.

This looks interesting if your in Premium https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-refresh-summary-for-premium-capacity-admins/ This will allow the admin to view all the refreshes happening. 

It seems to be harder to do for Pro because refresh summary isnt available. Thats something else to think about, if you are in Pro or Premium. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CHENV
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the thoughts,

We are on Pro and have the credentials set as organisational. We do have a couple of datasets updating at the same time so i've seperated out the refresh schedule to see if that is an issue.

The api seems to be correct in the query editor as well

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear @CHENV ,
Please select workspace where your dataset is ,
then hover on the data you will see three options just at right side of the name of data set ,

then select schedule refresh setting options and you will land on page given below 

ans.JPG

then  select edit credentials and login again to your microsoft account as shown below

ans2.JPG

 if you are using organizational account then please only use organizational option in privacy level .
after this sign in , try refresh and let me know/
this has always worked for me 

Regards 
thakur Sujit

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

This could be so many things but it could be worth going into your data sources in Power Query Editor and checking the API version. Im sure its ok but I think it should be 14.

are there any other refreshes going on at the same time as 8 AM ? It would be worth making a note of every time it fails and then see if there are other refreshes going on at that time.

This looks interesting if your in Premium https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-refresh-summary-for-premium-capacity-admins/ This will allow the admin to view all the refreshes happening. 

It seems to be harder to do for Pro because refresh summary isnt available. Thats something else to think about, if you are in Pro or Premium. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors