Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kenthub
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint PBIapp - multiple pro users

Here is my structure:

Me - Setup sharepoint, create all the powerbi.pbix files and such. Pro user

Clients - access to sharepoint

Client stores - sharepoint access. One store will have a pro account that hosts all reports/dashboards.

When I try to use the sharepoint PBI webapp on a modern page it only works/viewable if i'm logged in with the Client Store creditials and create the page.

I want it to be viewable by Me, Clients, and Client Stores when I create the Sharepoint modern page by ME. Does this make sense?

Here is a picture of trying to use the sharepoint link code created under the Client Store account while logged in under ME account. I am unable to get the page name information.

sharepointPBI.PNG

Here is a picture of the managed permissions in powerbi site.

pbiAccess.PNG

Does anyone know a fix for this so that I do not have to use the embed code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kenthub,

The embed link is created by client store account in Power BI Service, the SharePoint page is created by you when you log in SharePoint Online using your own account, right?

If that is the case, publish the PBIX file to a app workspace in Power BI Service logging in with client store account, then add you as a member of the app workspace, also make sure that you have edit permission on the app workspace. This way, you should be able to embed report to SharePoint page.

In addition, for other clients  to view the report in SharePoint Online page, make sure that you have shared the report to clients in Power BI Service through adding clients as members of app workspace.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kenthub,

The embed link is created by client store account in Power BI Service, the SharePoint page is created by you when you log in SharePoint Online using your own account, right?

If that is the case, publish the PBIX file to a app workspace in Power BI Service logging in with client store account, then add you as a member of the app workspace, also make sure that you have edit permission on the app workspace. This way, you should be able to embed report to SharePoint page.

In addition, for other clients  to view the report in SharePoint Online page, make sure that you have shared the report to clients in Power BI Service through adding clients as members of app workspace.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

So the solution works but only people who are added as members and admins can view the page. When I try to add our clients, who have an outside email address (not gmail or the likes, but their own business email), they cannot view the Power BI report on the sharepoint page. They also can't be added as admins or members when creating the workspace app.

The embedded sharepoint link I used came from the App Workspace. Should I be using the link from the actual App itself or should it work with the App Workspace link?

@kenthub

You would need to add users as members of the App Workspaces in order for  the users to view the report in SharePoint.

If you want to share the report to users outside your organization, consider to  use Publish to web feature to generate embed link and then embed the report to your SharePoint site. However, there is no security in this case.

Regards,
Lydia

I have created a SharePoint page with an embeded PBI report in order to share with my colleagues and company's managers just the visualization of the reports.

In order to do that, PBI sets that all of the viewers have to have PRO version, which (from my point of view) it's crazy. is there another way (without PRO version for the viewers) to share the visualization of my reports in a secure way (without pubblishing to web)?

Thanks.

Luis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will give that a try this weekend and update this reply with results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors