Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kintera
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Datatype Yes/No -> Pbi Blank

I am connected to a sharepoint list which has no blanks in a Yes/No field, but PBi is showing blank. Why? I've viewed in Sharepoint via browser, and in Access and there is no blanks.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kintera merge should pull in all columns from the datasets, you just select which columns you want to merge on.... you also have the choice of how you want the merge to behave (join type). Alternatively, if you could try append as well to combine datasets.

As to your other question, I would recommend you spend some time understanding modeling and DAX, but as it pertains to this specific question. I would create a measure that would look something like this (Late = CALCULATE(COUNTA(<your field>), FILTER(<table where column lives>, <your field> = 1)) or since it is boolean you could likely SUM the value without the filter.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@kintera Are you connecting via the Desktop? If so, you could remove the default "change types" maybe something is getting filtered out because it is changing the input. It could be that the list is displaying Yes/No, but is actually a boolean or something.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hello, Seth. Thanks for the response... and offer, but I'm in SE Michigan.

I think I found the solution. I"m trying to add lines (or excel series) to a linechart and am merging (or Access Union) to create them. When I did the merge, I left a column out of one of the underlying queries resulting in blank. I don't think there's a way to omit columns from a merge. I'm also thinking I should have done  a pivot, which will duplicate other row/columns not included in the pivot. I'm new to PBi and am used to Access/SQL so it's a bit of an adjustment. I could do this on the Access/SQL side (my data goes Excel (system with no connection ability) >Access/VBA (User Interface for input) >Sharepoint(Governance/Reuse)>Pbi_Service(reporting)

I'm going to try a pivot... we'll see

You might know this, though. My Users want the a Total (I'm reporting by ReportDate - the day a datapull is done from another system) for all Late (boolean - either True or False) on a date. I was going to add a column and pivot on it (duplicating rows by ReportDate). Is that how you'd do it? 

again, thanks

Lex

@kintera merge should pull in all columns from the datasets, you just select which columns you want to merge on.... you also have the choice of how you want the merge to behave (join type). Alternatively, if you could try append as well to combine datasets.

As to your other question, I would recommend you spend some time understanding modeling and DAX, but as it pertains to this specific question. I would create a measure that would look something like this (Late = CALCULATE(COUNTA(<your field>), FILTER(<table where column lives>, <your field> = 1)) or since it is boolean you could likely SUM the value without the filter.

Thanks for the thought. I think I've got it. Have a great day! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors