Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ericbstephens
Frequent Visitor

Shared with me link has disappeared

A few days ago, the "Shared with me" link completely disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. I've searched multiple forums but have seen no mention of this issue anywhere. I have attached a screenshot (below) of what I mean. I can still access the page, but have to manually type in app.powerbi.com/sharedwithme. Of course I could bookmark this site, but why should I have to? I've tried clearing cookies, but that didn't help. Any idea of what may have caused this?

No SWM.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ericbstephens 

This is an update by Microsoft. "Shared with me" is now under "Browse" for you. This is a "user experience experiment" that you've been opted in to.

I've posted full details, including how to re-set things back as they were, on my blog.

see: Where’s “Shared With Me” Gone ? - Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ericbstephens
Frequent Visitor

@Burningsuit : Thank you so much for this information! Glad to now know what the cause was (and how to revert back). Had no idea I was a subject of an unknown experiment...

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ericbstephens 

This is an update by Microsoft. "Shared with me" is now under "Browse" for you. This is a "user experience experiment" that you've been opted in to.

I've posted full details, including how to re-set things back as they were, on my blog.

see: Where’s “Shared With Me” Gone ? - Burningsuit

Hope this helps

Stuart

The link is no longer available. Can you post the answer for how to opt out and bring back the Shared With Me tab?

Hi @IPC_ahaas 

"Shared with Me" can be found under the "Browse" menu option,

Sorry that old blog post got lost when we upgraded our website. You can find a new post about the same issue in my Blog post here: Power BI user interface experiments | Burningsuit

Also, just today I learned that you can revert temporarily to the old UI by adding 

"?tridentStageTwo=0" to the end of your Power BI URL

E.g., try https://app.powerbi.com/home?tridentStageTwo=0

Hope this helps.

Stuart

The blog post has no mention of the word "Browse" nor the phrase "Shared with me".

In my case this is affecting my Power Apps Page, not Power BI. I don't have a "Browse" on the sidebar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors