Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timg117

Shared reports in Teams working for some free licenses but not others

Hi,

I have a PowerBI Pro user who shares their reports on Teams. It works for about 15 of my users on free licenses to view their reports, but I have 2 users where the free license prompts needing a pro license to view. I've attached the prompt below. They are all viewing the same report shared by one person. I've searched a bit and haven't seen this same issue. Let me know if you need any other info and I can provide. Thank you.

Regards,

Tim

timg117_0-1669992752137.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello!
Can you confirm if the report is coming from a premium workspace? Look for the diamond. If it is not a premium workspace, you cant share to Free users.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1669995340095.png

My suspicision is the other free users are using the TRIAL version of Pro license, which is accessible to Free users. The trial version will expire and they may lose access in the future.

They can check by clicking on the profile on the top right corner when they are in power bi service. There should be a section that says "Trial Status".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello!
Can you confirm if the report is coming from a premium workspace? Look for the diamond. If it is not a premium workspace, you cant share to Free users.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1669995340095.png

My suspicision is the other free users are using the TRIAL version of Pro license, which is accessible to Free users. The trial version will expire and they may lose access in the future.

They can check by clicking on the profile on the top right corner when they are in power bi service. There should be a section that says "Trial Status".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors