Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chasdk

Shared reports does not work for iOS/IPads

Hi,

When sharing a report from Shared, the following link works on a computer, however when using the same link for mobile phones or IPads, an error occur along the line of:

"Data could not be found

It looks like the report is unavailable. It is possibly deleted, you do not have access to open it, or the link is broken or out-of-date".

Have anyone experience the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
chasdk

Hi,

Sharing a report works on computers, however opening the same link on a iOS/Ipad does not seem to work,

The follow error occur along the line of:

Data could not be found

It looks like the report is unavailable. It might have been deleted, you don't have access to it, or the link is broken or out-of-date.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @chasdk,

Can you please provide more detail to help us clarify your scenario?

For example:
How did you share report? Any RLS enabled on report? Which users and devices will faced the issue?

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

The customer has Premium license and is sharing the report to external and internal users, using the "Share" function. There is no RLS.

One of the users does not have access to PBI through a computer and must connect via a mobile or Ipad when using the link sent from the "Share".

I have also tested the issue myself with my own iPhone and I am also getting this error. However when using the same link on a PC, it works fine.

Regards,

Christian

Hi @chasdk,

Is this user means external user who not has power bi account? If he test with android device, did this issue appears?

You can also take a look at support page if you are faced a known issue.

In addition, you can also report this issue to mobile team.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Yes, both tests were conducted as external users, one without a Pro licens and the other (mine) with a Pro licens.

We have not tested in android, but should not be scope of this issue.

Will revert to support page and mobile team for help.

Regards,

Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors