Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared report not visible

Hi, 

I have shared a report from an account which is not PRO user any longer, 

does this mean that those whom i shared the report with no longer be able to see the report?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous I would assume the answer to that is yes, but I'd have to test it out. Since sharing has a requirement that both the Author and end user need a Pro license, it would imply that this should stop working.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you share the report using direct share with an email address, the answers is Yes, he will be prompted that pro license is needed when checking the report. 

But if you share the report using publish to web, both pro user and the free user can see it. 

If the report are based in the premium workspace, both pro user and the free user can see it. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you share the report using direct share with an email address, the answers is Yes, he will be prompted that pro license is needed when checking the report. 

But if you share the report using publish to web, both pro user and the free user can see it. 

If the report are based in the premium workspace, both pro user and the free user can see it. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@Anonymous I would assume the answer to that is yes, but I'd have to test it out. Since sharing has a requirement that both the Author and end user need a Pro license, it would imply that this should stop working.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors