Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pedroamaro
Frequent Visitor

Shared dashboard link does open a blank page

Hi,

After a colleague within my organization shared a dashboard with me, I tried open with the hyperlink that I received, but the result is always the same:

I ger a blank page. This happens only if I do not have login made. The expected result for me would be to ask me to make sign in and then the dashboard would appear.

Capture.JPG

I tried this with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and the behaviour was the same. I cleaned the cache too.

Is there any  way to solve this issue? This cause impact because many users which we want to share the dashboard never sign in on power BI.

Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I've tried multiple users on different browsers with different dashboards all on premium capacity and they all get a blank page that looks like this:

Dashboard Link Blank.jpg

But, when I've shared a report, there doesn't appear to be an issue.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the status of this issue on Support site: 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pedroamaro,

In Power BI, recipients of Share a dashboard/report feature need Power BI Pro licenses, or the content (dashboard/report) needs to be in a Premium capacity. So when the recipients to view the shared dashboard/report, they need to sign in with their Power BI account to see the content. This is expected. 

If you don't want the recipients to sign in Power BI to view a shared dashboard/report, you can try Publish to web feature. But please note the report or visual you publish can be viewed by anyone on the Internet as long as they get the report link. Or you can try Power BI embedded with app owns data: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

All users in my organization have pro license.

I've discovered that if i use an old link  that I received one month ago, It does not work, but if I use a recent link, It works (maybe It was a change on parameters used to construct the link, I don't know). Despite this, I continue to have an issue with Internet Explorer, when I open the link, the web page continues to appear in blank and after that I need to refresh the page to appear the web page correctly to make sign in. In google chrome it works fine.

Web page when I click on dashboard shared link:

link_IE_1.JPG

After I made refresh on web page, everything works fine:

link_IE_2.JPG

I don't know what it could cause this issue, maybe some configuration on my browser? This behaviour happens with anyone?

Thank you

Hi all, 

Please update IE browser to the latest version then test again. 

q7.PNG

Based on my test, the received email of shared report link is different for each share action. So we need to get the latest shared URL to access the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi all, 

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 85611972. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm running into a similar issue. I am sharing a dashboard with team members, who have pro licenses, but they are brought to a blank page when they follow the link. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors