Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sotirios
Frequent Visitor

Shared Workspace Scheduled Refresh Issue

I set up a shared workspace for my colleagues and I. However I am the only one that can successfully configure the Scheduled Refresh. 

The datasets are a combination of SQL databases and SharePoint lists. All of which my colleagues have the correct access to.

It means that if i am on leave and an issue occurs with the data refresh, then they are powerless to stop it. 

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sotirios,

From your description, it seems that the report resides on a app workspace, right? 

You can grant the app workspace member edit permission. When you are on leave and the schedule refresh is failed, the app workspace can take over the dataset settings, and configure gateway and set schedule refresh again. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @v-qiuyu-msft

We have tried your suggestion previously and cannot get it to work. My colleagues appear to have the correct permissions for the data sources but cannot get it to work.

Is there anything else we should check?

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sotirios

It sounds like they have permission for onsite data but not to edit in  PowerBI.  In my group workspaces, as the owner, I have to assign rights to edit or refresh. I do this by clicking the elipse beside the workspace name and selecting Members. This takes me to the group page where I can click the elipse beside the member name to give this shared ownership of the dataset so that they can edit and/or complete manual refreshes. If you use the data gateway, you may also have to make sure they have permissions in the gateway as well.

workspace edit.JPG

owner.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks @kcantor for the reply. however, I do not see the same thing that you do when I click the ellipse:

PowerBIWFAEllipse.PNG

When I click 'Edit workspace' I can set whether my colleagues are Members or Admins. Neither option seems to allow them to update the datasets.

Hi @Sotirios,

What you mean about "We have tried your suggestion previously and cannot get it to work. My colleagues appear to have the correct permissions for the data sources but cannot get it to work."?

Please check if the app workspace member has edit permission. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, however this has already been selected for each of my colleagues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also check to make sure that each user has been listed in any datasources under the "User" tab on the Manage Gateways, if you are using a gateway as part of your refreshes.Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors